Wall's Corners Wall's Corners Author
Title: ANIMATRONIC ROBOTIC HAND
Author: Wall's Corners
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Once a student of the final level of mechanical engineering contacted me to help him complete the tasks Finally, as electronic consultant me...

Once a student of the final level of mechanical engineering contacted me to help him complete the tasks Finally, as electronic consultant mechanical robot that he was working on. So I fill out the share of electronics and programming, while for the mechanical done by she herself who indeed fields of study.
Project started, …
I tried to find various references, and began designing electronic diagrams, using components include:
1 unit of the Arduino Nano
5 micro servo with metal gear
3 units of hi-torque servo
1 set the mechanical Pivot X – Y to 2 standard servo (used in the wrist)
6 flex sensor (5 for the fingers of the hand, 1 for the sleeves)
1 unit of 6 DOF IMU (3 dof Gyroscope + Accelerometer 3 dof)
1 IC Regulator 5volt 1 Amp
1 IC Regulator 3.3 volt
1 Capacitor 1000uF/16volt
2 Capacitor 10uF/16volt
1 Led
1 Resistor 1 k ohm

1 unit Power Supply 6 Volt 3 Amp.

PROGRAMMING

For his code I created like this:

COMPONENT

FLEX SENSOR, I use like this, length 4.5.3″. At the foot of the flex output sensor, I attach the PCB.

The workings of flex sensors, on the second output is in the form of resistance ranges from 10-22 k ohm, which changed when flex sensor it is bent.
The more bent, the greater the resistance value. More information about flex sensor can be read here.

Then flex the sensor I am sewing in motorcycle gloves made from the fabric.

 

 

 

HIGH TORQUE SERVO, servo-I use this because it has a much better strength than standard servo.
MICRO SERVO WITH METAL GEAR, this servo is used to drive the fingers of the hand. Although this small servo, its power is quite good because it already uses the gears of the metal. (generally uses plastic gear servo).
IMU 6DOF, i.e. combined Gyroscope and Accelerometer, this Unit I use for making mechanical wrist can follow the movement of our arms for movement to the top-down and to the left – to the right.

ARDUINO NANO, I use board of this type because it is practical and small size.

CUSTOM BOARD, based on the scheme that I created above, then assembles them in a universal PCB I like the photo below.

It becomes like this ..

 

ELECTRONIC TEST Once the electronic unit is finished, I try to test basic functionality in advance ..Servo Test. This is the fifth time video Micro Servo in respond and test its speed.

 

STUDY OF MECHANICAL ROBOT HAND As always, I always do the study mechanics, motion studies, which helps to imagine what the movement is going to happen and find the problems that must be considered when creating a mechanical robotic finals will be made ​​by the students that I help.MECHANICAL fINGER hAND for the initial stage I use cardboard for the study of the mechanical movement of the fingers, like this video

 

Next I tried using sheets of plastic to make it more responsive movement. This time I try with directly using a glove that was already installed Flex sensors, check out this video:

More closely with their fingers, I use the hose to make the fingers ..
I tried to picture, to guide the size and cut the hose buckling earlier …

In the segments of the finger, I cut in such a way ..

Threading a mattress for a simple mechanical tensile …

 

Next I tried to examine and respond finger movements made from the hose … see this video ..

 

Mechanical fingers before I tried to wrap it with a thin rubber gloves … see this video ..
SUCCESS !! Finally my task completed properly, electronic robotics already working as expected, then this project forwarded by the mechanical engineering students with mechanical fingers made ​​using aluminum which is done using CNC machines on campus. To connect the servo with mechanical finger movements I propose to use the cable brake / clutch so that movement can be accurate and precise.
THANK GOD …

Thank God he graduated with perfect results, … Congratulations bro!!!
Here’s the video work with making the Animatronic Robotic Hand (robot hand).

Share This:

View more at: http://bit.ly/1XReQFr

About Author

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top